Thursday, January 13, 2011

The start of a large sculpture



Today I spent about 10 hours happily sculpting in the studio.  When I am starting something new, it begins with a styrofoam armature because clay does not support itself.  Styrofoam doesn't sound too bad, but what it really means is lots of injuries.  Knife, blow torch, and a hot glue gun can cause a lot of damage.  Somehow it doesn't matter.  When Stan came home he rescued me from "the zone" and we grabbed a salad for dinner.  Whew. 

2 comments:

  1. HaHa! Knives, blow-torches and hot glue? I think I should stay away from trying to create a large sculpture. I'll stick to the small ones, clay only!
    Good for Stan, always watchin out for you!
    I love you both, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack is looking at your web page with me, and squealing in delight "My Nana, My Nana!" We are all so proud of you, and love seeing what you've been up to. Good job!

    ReplyDelete