Sunday, January 16, 2011

This Project

I've had a few questions from you about this sculpture that I am working on.  "With Liberty and Justice for All" is a bas relief bronze sculpture.  It is a commission for a new building here in Saint George, the Washington County Justice Center.  60" tall and 30" wide, this flag is hanging vertically and waving in the wind.  It will be raised on a two-foot base.  At the top of the bronze piece are the words, "With Liberty", with a life size bird sitting on the finial.  At the bottom of the piece it will say, "And Justice for All."  Lighted and landscaped, it will be placed outside the front door and replace having a cloth flag going up and down each day.  The date of the dedication is mid-March.  The worry for me is getting the clay finished and to the foundry in time for them to do their magic.  I will explain later the foundry process.  I took the day off for my hands today to recover from yesterday.  Tomorrow - onward and upward!!

2 comments:

  1. Annette, you are such a dedicated artist! I can't wait to see pics of the finished product. I know now it is finished and dedicated. Congrats, once again, my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The finished bronze monument, "With Liberty and Justice for All" is displayed outside the Washington County Justice Center, St George, Utah. Go see it - on 1st West. I'm very pleased with it. By the way, I am working on a 30" maquette size which will be perfect as a gift. I see it in attorney's offices all across this land. Thank you for your interest! Also, if you go to my website, www.annette-everett.com, you can see the entire making of this monument, from beginning in styrofoam to installation. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete