Saturday, January 15, 2011

Transformation from sculpting in styrofoam to sculpting in clay.

Today was a big day.  I planned on taking three days to lay a clay base over the styrofoam armature.  Because I had great volunteers, it got done in just one fabulous day. Roxanne and Bruce, with husband Stan, with an occasional helpful word from son Joshua.  Thank you for a long and productive day.  It is fun to watch this piece develop.  From here on it, it is simply perfecting and finishing, so there won't be such big jumps in its appearance.  Two weeks until it must be delivered to the foundry.  And the count down begins. . . .


Check out the gallery of what I did today at this link!

2 comments:

  1. You only have 2 weeks for this!? YIPES lady! Get on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be there to help! Course, knowing me, I'd go off on some bunny-trail, and be of no help to you! Still wish I was there!
    Lova-Lova-Lova YOU!

    ReplyDelete